Life

Life

Friday, September 23, 2011

Another Trip

Tanzi woke up at 3 am to eat and then not again until after 7!!
YEA!!
I think (hope is a more accurate word) we're back on track!!

The kids and I went to Logan again today.
First, I had to take ALL 3 of my kids to Target....to get that gift card I forgot when I was there with just one child!
Oh me!

I always like to go see Grandma Dora when we're in Logan, but we didn't today because we have been sick :(
I'm just not sure Graysen is over it yet and I would hate to get Grandma sick.
But we did go see Tawn and Alyssa....we don't care if we get them sick!
Haha....just kidding. But they came here the other day when we were sick and they have had colds, too, so we felt ok about it all.
We took the kids to the zoo and park. I think they could have stayed all day!
I even pushed Tanzi in a baby swing....for the first time.
She LOVED it!
I wish I had my camera with me then, but of course I didn't.
She giggled the whole time!!
It was pretty stinkin' cute!

We ate dinner at Firehouse and then the kids and I went to my friend, Ann Marie's, wedding reception. It was so great to see her so happy and so in love! Not only did I give her a gift card for a present, but I also gave her a cookie.
Yep, a cookie.
Just one.
And this is how the story goes:

About 6-7 years ago Ann Marie and I were roommates.
We did a lot together.
Practically everything.
We even took an Institute class together.
One night at Institute we got cookies. On the way home I ate mine. Ann Marie set hers on the dashboard of my car. I occasionally reminded her to not forget her cookie. When we got home Ann Marie left her cookie on my dashboard! I reminded her again, "Ann Marie! Your cookie!!" In the morning I came out of my bedroom to leave for work to find a gift bag.
Inside?
The cookie!
Haha...that clever little gal. She tried to leave the gift in my car, but I noticed and made sure she grabbed it, so she left the gift outside my door! Before leaving for work I put the cookie in her car.
A few days passed and I forgot all about that cookie.
One day, at work, I received a very large box in the mail. (that was the one and only time I ever received mail at work, by the way)
Inside?
THE cookie!!
So, I asked some of my students that lived in Logan if they knew any guys that played the guitar that would be willing to do me a favor.
One did.
These young college boys made up a lovely song about a cookie, went to Ann Marie's work, and serenaded her with their guitars....in front of her co-workers.
They left her the cookie.
One day....several days? weeks? later another friend of mine asked me to take her to work. After dropping her off I turned the corner after stopping at a stop sign to see lights in my rear view mirror...lights from a motorcycle cop!
He asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I came to a complete stop, I wasn't speeding.
No, I didn't know.
He told me my car matched the description of a stolen vehicle. I said, "Well, I know my car isn't stolen, so I'm not worried." He asked for my ID, insurance, and registration.
After checking my info he came back....with the cookie!!
Seriously?
You found a cop to pull me over?
Good one, Ann Marie!
How in the world will I top that?

Well, let's just say the cookie sat in my drawer at work and finally was forgotten.
So, I decided to relive some memories by giving Ann Marie a cookie for her wedding!
Eternal Happiness!
The End

Some of you may not know this, but I used to be a bit of a prankster.
Take the urine sample incident, for instance.
But that story is for an entirely different day!!

So, after the reception I got the kids in pajamas and headed home.
But not before stopping at Tawn's...again....just to pee because I knew I would never make it home and I didn't want to wake up all 3 kids to take them into a gas station bathroom!

I got home and realized what a disaster my house is.
Already!
I don't plan on cleaning it tomorrow, even though I'm sure I should.

Gary is on a camp-out with the Young Men. I hope he doesn't freeze! The only sleeping bag we own is one that used to be my grandfather's. I think maybe when he was in the army or something? It looks like it could be old army equipment. We decided to wash it before he used it, as it hasn't been used in years. And years! It has just been in the back of our Toyota...just in case! I love that my dad made sure I was always prepared!! Thanks dad!! But it fell apart in the washing machine...a little. I think he'll be just fine!!

I'm really hoping Tanzi will have another great night!
I was right about not having as much time to update the blog when Gary is home and doing homework, but I got really carried away with my words tonight, didn't I?
I guess I better go to bed now, then!



1 comments:

Jimmy, Megs and Braylee said...

Mauri, you are so cute and I love reading about your family and the fun adventures you guys have. Your blog always brings a smile to my face!!