Life

Life

Friday, April 22, 2011

21st Day in the NICU

Today, I went down to visit with Tanzi before I went to work. Up to this point, I have been really impressed with the hospital staff and nurses. However, today, I was not too happy with the nurse that was on duty. She had been Tanzi's nurse once before, and we didn't really care for her then, but today was unacceptable. Everytime Mauri or I have gone to see Tanzi, the nurse meets us at her bed and explains how Tanzi is doing and anything we needed to be aware of. All I got from the nurse today was "Hi, Dad". They call all the parents in the NICU Mom and Dad. She did have some nice classical music playing next to Tanzi's bed, but after thinking about it, she probably did that so she didn't need to be over with Tanzi. I just felt like she could have cared less that I, or even Tanzi was there, which was completely different than our experience with all the other nurses. I was just upset about the whole situation, but I didn't let it get in the way of me spending time with Tanzi. She was sleeping the whole time I held her, and I just loved snuggling and cuddling her.
I keep thinking I am so blessed to have Tanzi in my life even with the challenges she is going through right now. I love her so much along with Kyri and Graysen. Most importantly, I love Mauri, and her amazing strength through this whole trial. She is an amazing wife and a remarkable mother to our three kids. I really couldn't ask for anyone more perfect than her. I can't imagine where I would be in life without her. I'll continue to thank my Heavenly Father every day for the beautiful, special person He blessed me to be with for eternity.

Tanzi's signature shot, can't wait for the day when we can get all those tubes out!
Her bedding today reminded me of Valentines Day.
Someone drew this cute bunny for Tanzi to celebrate Easter.


1 comments:

TWoodseresa said...

Yes you are a lucky man to have a woman in your life like Mauri. and you are both blessed with awesome children