Life

Life

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Better Than Expected

Well, today turned out to be better than I expected it to....after such a rough start.
Kyri and Graysen (mostly Kyri) not only made their beds and cleaned their room while I was in the shower today, but they also cleaned all other toys off the floor in the entire upstairs! (except Tanzi's room, since she was sleeping, but they DID later help me clean her room too)

You would think that a morning that started off looking like this would end up happy.

We went to playgroup at the park today at 10:00. I thought about not letting them go after all that happened this morning, but then I realized that we could all use a little time outside. Mostly me. I was having a harder day than them and staying home would be the worst thing I could do....to all of us.
So, away we went.
Then we went to Smith's to pick up some milk, along with a few other random items.
The kids were really good at the store, thank goodness.
I let Kyri and Gray each pick out their very own yogurt. They LOVE doing this when we go to the store because I usually just buy a big thing of yogurt...and I choose the flavor. At first, when Kyri asked if they could pick out yogurt I hesitated. Then I realized, "Easiest lunch EVER!"
And it was.
And they were happy.
And I ate peanut butter pie for lunch 
:)
While Graysen and Tanzi napped I read Kyri some library books and then I let her watch PBS so I could take a nap.
Yep, that kind of mom too!
BUT....I do have to say that I felt SO much better after my nap.
And was MUCH happier!!
And, just so you know, our kids do not get to watch TV every day.
So, then I don't feel too bad for allowing it for an hour once in a while...even if it's so I can take a nap :)

After naps my kids really wanted to go ride bikes. The front of our house is SO hot in the afternoon/evening, so we weren't out long, but, again, everyone is happier outside.
Kyri thinks she needs "help" riding her bike with training wheels. She wants me to hold onto her arm the ENTIRE time, especially when she's trying to turn around.
I think the accident which caused stitches has left more than just the one scar upon her forehead!
I never rode an actual bicycle, without training wheels, until I was 9.....maybe she is just following in my footsteps :)

While I was getting dinner ready the kids played in the backyard, where there is shade at that time of day.


Kyri and Graysen are obsessed with getting their chalk wet and THEN drawing/playing with it.
Tanzi could not resist the fun!

Pink chalk face!!

I couldn't decide which picture to post....so I posted all of them :)

Too much FUN!!

I have started a new bedtime routine, which I LOVE!
We used to always watch Wheel of Fortune after baths. Then we would proceed to brush teeth, read Book of Mormon Stories, go potty, say prayers. There was nothing wrong with this routine.
But, now, after baths we brush teeth and read Book of Mormon Stories...and then we read books!!
I LOVE reading to my kids and lately I have felt like I didn't do that enough. I often read to Kyri during the other kids nap times, but then that left me with never reading to Tanzi and Gray. Kyri and Gray each pick 2 or 3 (depending on what time it is) books or stories out of the Friend.
Sometimes, by this time, Tanzi is in bed. And if she's not she is usually just playing on the floor. I have learned that Tanzi does not love to sit on your lap and read a book. She wants to be the one holding the book and she wants to turn the pages at her own pace and then throw the book when she is done. I will let her read as many books as she wants that way - and she does, which is why the books in her room are usually on the floor instead of the bookshelf - but when it's "story time" she has to let me hold the books and she has to listen from afar. :)

I feel bad that I had such a rough morning.
Not that it was rough, because I think everyone is entitled to a bad day. I just feel bad with how I reacted to my kids. And I KNOW that the reason they make me SO upset is because they are simply reacting to me and my bad mood! I know that I am the one that sets the tone in my home....and I am failing miserably.
I will try extra hard tomorrow!
 Thank goodness for tomorrows!!


Here's a video of Tanzi walking. I got a better video on our other video camera, but I don't know how to get that onto the computer. 
I don't think Tanzi will be doing much crawling by time Gary gets home.
You really only need to watch the first 20 seconds or so, since I couldn't get her to walk again after that :)
This one's for you, Daddy!!

2 comments:

Gary and Mauri said...

love, love, love .........daddy

tam said...

I love all your updates! Don't get down on yourself you are an AMAZING mother! We all have bad days with the kids and what a trooper while Gary is gone! If you need a getaway we are close!!!