Life

Life

Friday, February 19, 2010

Meet Sissa

In case you're wondering where the picture is, we don't have one. Why? Because I'm writing about a girl who is not actually real. Well, I've never actually seen her, but she is as real as could be in Kyri's eyes. Let me introduce you. Here is a look at Sissa.

Yesterday when we were driving to the store we saw a train. This is the conversation that took place:
Kyri: "Sissa drives a train."
Me: "Sissa drives a train or rides on one?"
Kyri: "Sissa drives a train. She has trains at her house!"
Me: "She has trains at her house?"
Kyri: "Yes! 2 trains!"
Me: "Wow! Does she ever let you ride on her trains?"
Kyri: "Yes, she let me ride on her trains. Her mommy holds me when I ride the train."
Me: "That sure is nice of her to let you ride her trains! And her mom holds you? What a nice mom!!"
Kyri: "Yep!"

Later in the day Kyri told me that Sissa "lives in Kaysbill with her mommy and daddy." And she has "blonde hair", just like Kyri! And her mom does it in "ponies".
Sounds like a real cute girl!!

Then when we were playing in the kids bedroom this is what took place:
Kyri: "Here you go, Sissa, here's a toy for you. (Then to me) I gave a toy to Sissa!"
Me: "Sissa's at our house?"
Kyri: "Yes. Right there. She's playing with that toy."
Clearly.
Kyri: "Her mommy and daddy are at our house."
Me: "Her mom and dad are at our house right now?!"
Kyri: "Yes. (Mumble Mumble)......chatting with them!"
Me: (not wanting to be rude to our guests) "I'm chatting with Sissa's mommy and daddy?!"
Kyri: "NO. I'M chatting with Sissa's mommy and daddy!"
Phew.

A few minutes later:
Me: "Kyri if you [don't listen] (I don't really remember what happened) then Sissa is going to have to go home!"
Yes! Sissa is going to help me discipline! Perfect!!
Kyri: "OK. Sissa's going to go home now!"
Really?
Darn.


Nice to meet you, Sissa.
See ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

Betsy said...

What an imagenation!!! At least she will always have someone to play with!!

Sharee said...

hahaha!!!! How funny. :)

tam said...

Oh how we love Kyri and her imagination! How fun!

Amber said...

Wow I have been slacking on checking in on blogs (...so, this will probably be a long comment)...what hilarious posts you have lately!! So Shae also has a special friend named Jocelyn and we get to hear lots of interesting things about her LOL! ANd G is getting SO big...can't believe all of those teeth too! And I love the picture of you and Gary at the Jazz Night...we miss you all SO much! Thanks for all of the great little glimpses into your life...makes the time and distance more manageable...Give the kids a squeeze from us! BTW, we are going to be in the bunkerville area the end of march for Jadan's spring break...hopefully we can connect with you!!

Jeff and Ali said...

Hilarious! She just keeps getting funnier and funnier!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I had imaginary friends too. Jamie and Amy Casper. Beware...boy was my Mom surprised one day when I threw a royal fit in the grocery store because she had RUN OVER JAMIE with the shopping cart. Be on the watch!

WX Ences said...

Sounds like she's a girl who knows what she wants, and if a friend who can drive a train is what Kyri needs, that's what she'll get!! What a doll! I'm with Lacey though, you'd better watch your step...it would be a real shame if you were to injure her very dear friend...good luck!!!

jason and michelle clarke said...

That is funny. Quick thinking to use that for discipline.