Life

Life

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Girls Night

I don't get out much without my kids. In fact, even though I shouldn't admit this, Gary and I don't even go out on dates. We take our kids everywhere. So, getting out with my girlfriends is a rarity and a much welcomed break.
The other night my friend, Melissa, was in town from Colorado and so we took advantage of that and all got together. I have been friends with these girls for about 10 years. And even though we don't all get together very often, when we do it seems like we're back in college again. Our night was filled with yummy treats, catching up, and a lot of laughter. Thanks again, girls!!

My girls sure know how to pick out the best treats!

Jenn, Denet, me, Amber, Melissa
All the girls stayed the night in Melissa's hotel room, but I had to skip that part since I still have a nursing baby, hence everyone is in their jammies except me.

Just a little side note---Here's how I actually met these girls:
I decided to move back to Logan after having been gone a couple years. I didn't really know anyone that lived there at the time, so I just checked with my former landlord to see if there was anything available in the house I lived in previously. There was a room open, so I moved in with 5 girls (soon to be 7) that I did not know. This was a gutsy move for me, but I'm sure glad I did it. I got to meet these awesome ladies! Jenn and I even shared a room. It was like I had always been friends with these girls. We did everything together (except when I told Denet I'd had enough...and that only lasted about 10 minutes) and had SO much fun, creating SO many memories!

0 comments: