Life

Life

Monday, August 24, 2009

All Dogs Go To HEAVEN

One of Kyri's best friends is my sister's dog, Buddy. He's a HUGE boxer and when Kyri was younger she wasn't sure if she should laugh or cry when she saw him and he would jump up onto whoever was holding her. It didn't take her long, though, to realize that it was very cool to follow Buddy around and poke his tail, watch him drink water, and listen to him bark. Recently Kyri has been asking Gary and I to tell her stories about "Princess Buddy". And every time we finish she'll say, "Again!" She just LOVES him!! And I really think the feelings are mutual. When Kyri was a baby Buddy would just sit and watch her, as if to make sure she was always ok. And when she got bigger he loved following her around if she wasn't following him! That's why today was such a sad day! Tawn (my sister) had to "put Buddy down". So, we went to Logan to say our final goodbyes.

Best Friends
This morning I told Kyri we were going to say bye to Buddy. I told her that he was going to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus. She said, "Kyri come too!!"
Kisses
When I told her she couldn't go with Buddy and that she needed to stay with me, she gave me a look as if she were really mad about it! Then I asked her where Buddy was going. She said, "Temples. With Heavenly Father and Jesus. See Jesus, Buddy!" And although he's not going to the Temple, that sure is the closest thing to Heaven! How smart for her to know that's where Heavenly Father and Jesus "live"
Buddy kept licking Graysen all over. And while that would normally really gross me out, I couldn't help but let him do it since it was his last chance to give him "kisses"
This is what Kyri said at dinner tonight, I shall call it:

ODE TO BUDDY

"I miss Buddy
Mmm hmmm
Sing a song, Buddy.
I'm Child God
He sent me here.
I love Buddy
Bye Buddy"

4 comments:

brittany schley said...

oh buddy. i'm sure tawn is way sad. i remember when she got him. he was a stud!

Jeff and Ali said...

Okay, so I really haven't been ignoring you! I have checked in a few times, but haven't had time to reply! Wow! Kyri never ceases to amaze me. She is not only stinking cute, but sooo smart! I can't believe how big Graysen is! Oh, I'm sure he will be taller than Quinn, and just give him a little time, and I'm sure he'll catch up on the weight too. You will have to fill me in on all the news. I hope you are all doing well and missing us tons...:) (We are!)

Ryan & Keri said...

I'm only like a month behind on checking blogs! This is so sweet about her saying, "Kyri come too." So sweet. And we have some make-up pics too. The key for me now is not getting mad, taking a deep breath, and just loving. I struggle with some of my kids messes. And your baby is so darling, Mauri! His thumb sucking pics are so PRECIOUS!!! I LOVE them! Hope things continue to go well. Happy belated anniversary!

Amber said...

Absolutely adorable!! Mauri, you look great, by the way!! Miss you guys...