Life

Life

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

4 Months

Tanzi is just growing SO fast! We can't believe how time has been flying by this summer!
Here's the info from Tanzi's 4 month appointment:
11.4 lbs (between 5th & 10th percentile)
I don't remember her length & can't find the paper with the stats on it, but her length was about 50%-60%
Her weight for length wasn't even on the charts :( BUT she IS growing. It just means she's "long and lean" (as the Dr says about ALL our kids)
Tanzi's head circumference was also about 10% (she doesn't have a ginormous head like her brother....yet)
I will post actual numbers when I find my paper, but for now just enjoy the cute pictures of our growing babe!!


Chillin' at the park
Tanzi's face isn't really in focus, but I LOVE her huge smile. She is a very smiley baby and sticks her tongue out a lot when she smiles.
Tanzi loved all the attention she got from cousins, aunts, and grandparents last week. As long as she was being held she was happy.
Here she is with my sister, Andrea.
SISTERS!!


Let's hope they grow up to be as good of friends as these sisters :)

Tanzi is such a happy, smiley baby. And even though we say she is by far our hardest baby she still brings us just as much joy!! And, actually, we feel like she is on her way to being a REALLY good baby (but we won't keep our fingers crossed).
We think Tanzi still has reflux, but only slightly. We don't give her any medicine for it. However, we think she still has a big problem with gas. She just always seems to have a toot or a burp in her that she can't quite get out. So, every night we give her gripe water and that really seems to help.
On Saturday night we started letting Tanzi cry herself to sleep. This has ALWAYS been a hard time for me with my kids. I HATE listening to them cry. And I was really worried about it with Tanzi because she is super attached to her binky. However, so far Tanzi has been the best at this out of all the kids. Saturday night she cried for about 20 minutes (and not even that hard)....and that's the longest she's cried since then. Every night and for every nap I put Tanzi down awake and without her binky...the last few nights she has slept better than ever!! I'm sort of thinking that this is what she was wishing we would do all along, instead of rock her, snuggle her and give her a binky...after all, she was used to just going to sleep on her own in the NICU. Or maybe she finally just decided she has given me enough heartache that she'd like to give me a break for a while. :) Either way I'm pleased as punch!!

Since Tanzi was about 2 months old she has been trying to sit up. She LOVES sitting up and seeing what's going on. A true girl....needing to be up into everybody's business :)
So, the bumbo is perfect!! She also loves her swing now that it's not lying down and she has an exersaucer she loves to be in too. None of them are quite as good as being held, though. :)
We love our little growing family and can't wait to see what the next few months will bring us!


These 2 pictures are to show the difference in Tanzi's scar.
(This is mostly for McKell...sorry I forgot to show you her scar at her blessing!!)

This was the day we left the hospital
(click on picture to enlarge)
And this was just a few days ago
Gotta love the deer in the headlights look and the double chin!!


stay tuned for many more blog updates...hopefully

3 comments:

Joel & McKell said...

Oh my gosh- that scar looks so good! I'm so happy it's almost non-existant now :) Thanks for the pictures, I love to see how my lil' Tanzi is growing up

tawn said...

I am so glad we got to hang out last week. Your kids are SO stinkin' cute! I'm especially glad that Tanzi has decided to be a better sleeper. (fingers crossed) Hopefully from now on!!! :)

TWoodseresa said...

What is gripe water??? Mindy's baby has a problem with gas, (don't laugh Gary, It's not inherited from my husband) Maybe gripe water would work Thanks for the posts and updates