Life

Life

Monday, April 13, 2009

She Wears Her Sunglasses at Night...

Kyri is getting SO big...and is quite ready for a baby brother...if only she would be a bit more helpful in coming up with a name for him! A couple weeks ago we had her 18 month check up. The doctor asked if she had between 15 and 20 words. I said, "Umm...no...she has a TON of words!!" He told me that some kids don't talk much at this age and proceeded to say that we may have the opposite problem and not be able to get her to stop talking. And that is the truth....she jabbers NONSTOP! But we LOVE it!! She is always surprising us with the things she says and remembers. We couldn't be more proud!! And we are FINALLY all well in this house!! For the last 6+ months we have been sick with something every single month! This last time it was RSV....and let me tell you that was NOT fun!! But since we are all well and the weather is sometimes nice, we take some time out to play outside. Kyri has decided she quite likes her sunglasses and even wore them around the house for days before we were even well enough to go out and play. Unfortunately, "glasses...boken..." (both pairs) and we will soon be headed to the store to find some more. Here's a few of my favorite pictures of her and her glasses.

She put her shades on and I said, "you are just too cute!" And so she said, "picture Mama!!"
peekin' over

she insisted on taking her mismatching gloves outside too....and even wore them for a while...she makes me laugh!


she put it all on herself....which would explain why her hat is backwards and her glasses upside down...love it!!



For some reason Kyri has been a bit obsessed with taking pictures with our camera by herself. Most of them turn out really blurry and are of nothing but the floor or ceiling....but she did a pretty good job on this one!! "Hi Daddy!!"
Here's a couple of our favorite Kyri stories as of late:
During Conference we tried to really point out President Monson to her and explain that he is the Prophet. Now, whenever she sees a picture of any of the General Authorities she says, "MONSON!!" Although she isn't spot on at least she understands the association.
Just tonight I was singing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet" to her. Every time I finished she would say, "Monson....again!!" And so I sang it again.
The other day we were all in the store and Kyri let a little burp slip out. She said, as loud as possible, "BUUUUURRRRP!!" I told her to say excuse me, but she kept saying burp over and over until we acknowledged that she did indeed burp....oh what are we teaching our child?!?
Whenever Kyri wants something she will usually say, "one?" because I usually tell her she can only have one. Well, the other day when I continually told her no, she could not have just one she said, "two?" as if I might give in to that request...silly girl....but today she asked me for 3....oh great does it ever stop getting higher?
We sure love our Kyri girl!!

4 comments:

brittany schley said...

Perhaps you remember my previous post about the number three and me? The answer to your question is nope. She's too fun. How is Guy doing? I better get a text when the time comes.

Anonymous said...

Connor used to take pictures with everyones cameras. The pictures were very artistic because he saw things in such a different way than the rest of us. I love the picture of Gary by Kyri!

How's the baby coming?

Jeff and Ali said...

Those sunglasses are soo funny. She looks so big and cute! Hope things go well for you this week. We will sure be thinking of you and please let us know if we can do anything for ya!

Ryan & Keri said...

What a stylish and darling girl! I love how girly she already is at this age!! And her story about calling the general authorities "Monson" makes me laugh. She's so smart!