Life

Life

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Heart Day...and Such

Happy Valentine's Day!
I don't know what I would do without my one and only Valentine! I am SO grateful for Gary and for the love that we have!! Today was nothing special or exciting. In fact, Gary is at work right now and won't be home until about 11 pm. However, we are hoping to at least go out to lunch this weekend, even if it means taking our kids with us.
Usually, for Valentine's Day, we go to Jazz Night in Logan. In fact, we have been the last 7 years. This is our first year NOT going. We are both really sad. I have been pregnant at Jazz Night in the past (with both Tanzi and Graysen) However, this year I am about a month closer to my due date than I ever was before...and one month towards the end of a pregnancy is a BIG difference. Especially with this baby that the doctor thinks will be our biggest (Graysen is our biggest so far at 7lbs 13oz) Gary and I just decided that it's just an expensive night to not be able to enjoy it to it's fullest....which I know I wouldn't after the drive there and not being able to dance, let alone move much. So, I'm expecting Gary to make it up to me this weekend....chocolate anyone? Yes, please :)

And while Gary and I didn't do much to celebrate the day today, I had some fun with the kids. Kyri had preschool today, so she got a bunch of valentines (and candy) from her friends. I always make my kids share all the treats/candy they get, so all 3 of them had plenty of sugar, and yet we still had to make this:

you can never go wrong with a Giant Cookie, especially if it's in a heart shape


 

When Kyri got home from school she gave Graysen a bracelet. They got to make one for someone else, and she chose her brother. She made it with orange heart beads. Gray's favorite color is orange. My heart melted just a bit. At times these two can be the worst of enemies, but it is obvious that they are also the best of friends....and, as a mother, I couldn't ask for anything more.

We also did a fun project. We made valentines for daddy out of wax paper and crayon shavings. The kids LOVED it! And I think Gary will, too, when this is what he comes home to tonight.

Graysen accidentally scratched Kyri  pretty bad the other day when they were playing. Well, last night her scab started peeling off and she insisted on wearing a band-aid.
Silly girl!

fun dip + Tanzi = green fingers

last weekend I got to cut my nieces hair. She ended up  donating about a foot to Locks of Love
Before

After
I love that she is SO beautiful with super long locks and super short curls (even with her cheesy smile) :)
Love you, Raya! Thanks for letting me cut your hair!


someone found mama's make-up

 So, I only make my kids beds after I wash their sheets. They are supposed to make them themselves every day. On this particular day Kyri was SO proud of how good her bed looked.She actually asked me to take a picture of her by her bed :) I must say, she does a pretty good job!! (although,when I went to tuck her into bed this night I realized her sheet and other blanket were pushed clear to the bottom!!  haha)

Kyri also made Tanzi's bed for her...and all the kids had to get in on the picture...and make a silly face

 Gray and his bed.
I actually don't really care what their bed looks like after they make it as long as they try to make it. He's 3. And I definitely don't expect perfection, I just want him to learn to do it himself. And soon I have no doubts his bed will look as good as Kyri's 

 This is one funny girl!  

I have to say, Tanzi is LOVING her big girl bed! I have found her sleeping on the floor twice, but I never heard her cry before falling asleep there, like I would when Graysen moved into a big bed. And she hasn't even fallen out of her bed....yet....I don't think. Although, I wonder. She seems like the type that if she did fall out she would simply get back into bed and go back to sleep. Graysen, on the other hand, still falls out of bed. He did just the other night...and started screaming! 

 Since Tanzi was being so big she also wanted to sit in a booster chair for meals. That, on the other hand, did not go so well. We actually moved her back to the high chair. She just could not sit still long enough to eat. So, after about 4 days of not eating and climbing onto the table and getting into everyone else's food, and spilling everyone's drinks, we made the switch back and she's eating like a true champ once again. 
Such a busy body!


0 comments: