Life

Life

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recent Updates

I have decided I'm going to TRY to update the blog every Sunday. If I do that then it won't take long AND I can keep up a bit better. I really just love looking back on my blog, especially when I update it regularly. So, here's a go at my first Sunday/weekly post

Not much has been going on lately. I mean, outside the regular holiday going-ons, which Gary has already posted about. Thanks to him I'm not as far behind on blogging as I could be :)

We've had one snow storm so far this year and it happened to be on the weekend we were gone. Luckily it was cold enough to keep the snow on the ground for a couple days.
Graysen, Tanzi, and Jadyn having a great time!

Tanzi and her hat....what a crack up!

On Thanksgiving day we were able to celebrate Gary's birthday. His birthday was the following day, but I figured we may as well enjoy cake and ice cream with company. Now, I know my cakes  obviously don't compare in looks to the ones Gary makes, but I do have to say that this one probably tasted better than his :) No offense to him, but this was made from scratch and not from a box. Nothing like pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving dessert and for your birthday, right? YUM!

The kids were quite anxious for him to blow out the candles


Sometimes, when I hear my kids yelling and fighting with each other all day I wonder if I'll be able to make it through the day with my sanity. On this day, however, I was given a true melt-my-mommy's-heart moment. I was vacuuming and when I got into Tanzi's room this is what I saw. No fighting or being mean. True sibling love. Everyone happy. And my heart truly did melt.
I LOVE these kids!!

For some reason she always falls asleep while eating her green smoothie. They just have that effect on her...

The kids LOVE to color while we are making meals. It is now commonplace to scrub crayon and pen marks off my counter....maybe I should start leaving it there....true artwork from a child!

The last time I gave everyone haircuts Tanzi was crying because she wanted one too. So, here's a picture of Tanzi's "first haircut", where I cut practically nothing off. She was quite happy with the situation, nonetheless. And I've been wondering why her hair is growing like crazy in the back, but doesn't seem to be growing at all on top. I have recently learned it's because she pulls her own hair out. While sitting in her highchair Tanzi will pull her hair out! Then she gets mad because her hair is stuck to her messy fingers and I get mad because she gets food all over in her hair... Is it normal for a child to pull their own hair out? It's not in clumps, just a few strands at a time, a few times a day....which apparently adds up

Most people won't appreciate this photo....however, I love it!! I asked Gary to please get Tanzi dressed. And, bless his heart, he did just as I asked. I couldn't stop laughing, though, because I thought she looked like an elf. Only certain tops go good with leggings, and that was not one of them :)
Don't worry, our bed doesn't generally look like that...it's called changing the sheets. Yes, we do that on occasion :)

2 comments:

Todd and Heather said...

haha having the men getting little girls dressed is always a treat. Getting the right pants with the right shirt is so tough.

Nichole said...

Loved seeing all your Christmas decorations!! And Thanksgiving was SO GOOD! just love you guys. Hope we see you before Christmas.