Life

Life

Monday, May 16, 2011

Since She's Been Home

We obviously haven't been very good at updating our blog since Tanzi came home. We've been slightly busy. Not to mention sleep deprived :) But my mom took Kyri and Graysen to her house for a couple days (THANKS MOM!) so I'm trying to get a few important things done around here...like update the blog...while I have 2 less children! ;)

This post has a TON of pictures (in no particular order). I will try not to be too wordy so this post doesn't seem too long and boring, but I'm not making any promises. You all know I get carried away with words!

So here's what we've been up to:

The day after we brought Tanzi home from PCMC we had to take her to her Pediatrician for a follow up visit. In fact, we couldn't be discharged from Primary's until we had this appointment made. While we were at it we decided we better do Gray's 2 year well-check appointment. So, we had a family outing to the doctor's office

Here's Tanzi getting ready to be checked
Kyri...being a lioness?
She made it very clear to both the doctor and the nurse that she did NOT need any "pokes" today!
Gray being cheeky...and happy...for the moment
Graysen had to get one "poke" and he was not too thrilled. In fact, when the nurse poked him he first said, "OUCH!" before starting to cry. It made Gary laugh because he had never heard Gray say that before...and it was pretty cute, even though it was a little sad :(
(don't worry, we have since retired these 12 month pants that look like capris)
Our first look at Tanzi in the bassinet
SO sweet and SO nice to have her HOME
Kyri doesn't normally nap, but here she snuggled up to me and dozed right off
Our 3 little monkeys
Here you can see the bruise from when they took out Tanzi's central line. Not to mention the bright red skin from the bandage that was on it. But it has all healed nicely.
All snuggled up in her swing
Kyri was nice enough to share Pink Bear with her baby sister. She has had this bear since birth. What a sweet sister!! And it looks like Pink Bear isn't much bigger than Tanzi.
Kyri and Graysen got into my Winter drawer and shoes
Here's Graysen all dressed up with no place to go
Kyri looking winterized
Kyri and Graysen have learned that while I'm feeding Tanzi they've got a few minutes to do whatever they want without me knowing!
GREAT!
So, the other day I started feeding Tanzi and Kyri asked if she could color. I said, "Sure!" She said, "Okay, I'll go get my markers." I told her, "No. No markers. You can color with crayons or colored pencils, but no markers!"
Well, a few minutes later Graysen came into the room looking like this:
Yep, his mouth is FULL of black marker ink!
I told Kyri that this is exactly why I told her no markers!!
Graysen didn't sleep very well that night....I wonder why!
A few days later we found the tip to the black marker on the floor in the play room.
NICE!

We LOVE having this precious angel home where we can sneak a peek when she is sleeping ANY time we want :)
Grammy came for a visit the other day and brought a late birthday present for Gray.
He was SO excited about his new book, but Kyri was much more interested in another part of his present. CANDY :)
Tanzi's first REAL bath.
She hated it.
I loved it.
No more sponge baths for this baby!
She has since realized, though, that these full baths really aren't too bad.
Nice and clean...and out of the water...much better
We have a LOT of pictures like this with ALL 3 of our kids.
Gary just LOVES to snuggle his babies!!
Future USU student
GO AGGIES!!
Just too cute!
Kyri can NOT get enough of her baby sister!
If she's not asking to hold Tanzi she's at least asking to see her face
Sweet Sisters!
Today we had a follow up appointment at PCMC with Tanzi's surgeon, Dr. Meyers.
Everything looked fabulous!
I don't get Tanzi dressed up real often for a couple reasons: 1) We don't go anywhere so it's easier to leave her in jammies or onsies 2) We don't have a lot of outfits that aren't onsies or jammies that are small enough to fit Tanzi right now (but don't worry she almost fits into her 0-3 month stuff...and I can't wait to dress her up in them)
So, since we were going out today I decided to get Tanzi all cute and stuff.
Kyri likes to call her "Tanz" and Gray likes to call her "Zee"
This baby girl couldn't be any more loved than she is right here in this home!!
While at PCMC we made a visit up to the NICU to see McKell. We were glad she was working today. We (especially Tanzi) miss her! I also got to go see one of Tanzi's little friends in the NICU, MaKenzie.
I am so grateful for the forever friends we have made!!

6 comments:

Joel & McKell said...

I'm so happy I got to see you today! Tanzi is getting so big,I love the headband ;) Thanks for visiting and for the sweet gift!

vanessa said...

Mauri, thanks for the address to your blog. Tanzi is a sweetheart. I love reading about you taking her home. It's such an exciting thing for us NICU moms!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad things are well! Tanzi is so sweet!

kevin and angie said...

I am a little behind the times... congrats on your new addition!! It sounds like it has been quite a ride getting her home. I hope all continues to go well for your family!!

Sharee said...

Haha! I lauhed out loud at Gray's marker mouth and his capri pants. Your kids are SO cute and well-behaved (when I'm there). I miss you!!

Ryan & Keri said...

Oh, Mauri! You guys have had so much going on these past few months. I, too, just caught up, and wow! I'm so happy for your family that sweet little Tanzi gets to stay here and be home with you. Modern medicine is truly a blessing and miracle! And you know . . . of all the people who could go through this trial as a family, you guys are so strong and faithful. I'm certain it has only made you stronger. You are such a special mommy, Mauri, and you have three very special little spirits. Lots of love and prayers your way.