Life

Life

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Hair Cut....s

For a few months now we have been talking about cutting Kyri's hair. When we asked her when she wanted to cut it she said "September 19th" (her birthday) and she stuck with that date for months. However, Gary has been bugging me to cut Gray's hair for a few weeks now. I told him we should wait because I wanted them to both get their first hair cut together....isn't that cute? Well, yesterday I was going to cut Gary's hair and we decided it sure would be easy to just cut everyone's hair. We asked Kyri if it was OK and she was SO excited. So much so that she got to be the first client.

Before
I was nervous to cut off the really blond ends! Gary and I were both blond when we were little and look at us now!! But it needed to be done!
After
I haven't taken a picture with it styled yet, but I will soon.
Before
It was hard to get Gray's hair to NOT look like this in the back...even when I put gel and hairspray in it! It was time....
After
Much better....if only there wasn't little hairs all over on his face!!
(I am now realizing that I clearly should have cropped this picture...a mess AND Gary's nose....fabulous!)
Bye-bye precious locks!!
Which swatch of hair belongs to which child?
I guess the color of rubber band does give it away a bit!
All in all it was a great hair cutting day! I even cut my hair! And the kids both held SO still. Not a nightmare like I've been imagining for years. (phew)

7 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

That is so fun you were able to give the family hair cuts. --even yourself. Pretty impressive!!

tam said...

It looks like Gray needed a haircut more than Kyri!

brittany schley said...

i gave cutter a haircut and he DID NOT sit still like your angels. it looks good anyway. i can't believe gray's hair was that long!

i feel the same way about my blond headed boy. i want his hair to stay blond forever!

tawn said...

I love the before and after pics. I am guessing Alyssa will probably close to Kyri's age before she needs her first haircut too. Super cute kids!!!

Dan & Staci said...

That is so fun. I bet that was hard to make those first snips for the first time! I am glad they both sat so still, how awesome is that. It sounds like you guys are doing great and congratulations on the new house! How exciting!

Katie Jane said...

Such blondes!! How cool is it that your mom can be your hair stylist...rocking hair stylist at that.

Lindsay said...

Great haircuts...they both look fabulous.