Life

Life

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Here's A Few Updates:

The other day I was playing with some blocks with Kyri and Tanzi. They have letters and numbers on them. I was spelling some words with the blocks and Kyri was sounding them out.
SHE WAS READING!!
My baby is growing up!!

Remember my last post when I mentioned Gray going stinky in the potty and me hoping it was the start of him being completely potty trained?
Well, my wishes came true!!
He has been completely potty trained since that day!
(with a few random accidents...like he just can't pull his pants down fast enough)
YEA!!

A while ago we were in the car, late at night, and Gary and I were telling the kids to go to sleep since it was 2 hours past their bedtime.
Kyri piped up and said, "Mom, you better not fall asleep in the car!!"
For anyone who knows me this is next to IMPOSSIBLE.
I asked her, "Why?"
"Because then daddy would have to carry you inside!!"
Haha!
Maybe that's her nice way of telling me to lose weight?
Funny girl!!

Sometimes it's not easy being small :(
Tanzi had SO much fun watching (with envy) Kyri and Gray play in the snow
And that's because they were having SO much fun!!
I thought they would only last about 5 minutes, but they were out there for over thirty!
Yes, while it was STILL snowing....that was actually the best part, I think.
Tanzi has proved to be VERY different than her brother and sister in MANY ways.
Well, on this day she proved to be JUST like them with her love for avocados
One thing Tanzi loves doing...clapping
She will clap when anyone else claps.
She loves it!!
She also LOVES waving.
She waves "night-night" and bye.
She still has a fascination with her hands.
Another thing she has been doing lately is making the "kissing" noise. I don't think she's "blowing kisses" or anything, I think she just likes making the sound.
She also LOVES bending over in the tub to be able to drink the nasty bath water.
Loves it!
Grosses me out!
And if she can't quite get what she wants she will lay on her belly and drink the water.
Nasty!!
She thinks she's funny.
And as gross as I think it is, I must admit she is pretty stinkin' cute doing it.
There's just something about a naked baby!
And a cute one at that!!

I'm done nursing...as of today.
I've been nursing Tanzi just in the mornings and for a while she was still nursing REALLY good.
Well, the last few days she has NOT been nursing good and this morning she ate for about 2 minutes and then just cried....like she just wanted a bottle....so a bottle she will get from now on!
I still have some milk in the freezer, but with her taking so many bottle now we are going through it quite rapidly....not sure we'll make it last until she turns one...but I'm just happy I was able to nurse her at all.



1 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

I have enjoyed catching up on your blog! Your kids are darling! It's so cute that they play together. And nice job with the potty training. :) kids just grow up way to fast!!